Nothing is certain but death and taxes. And oil.
We are surrounded by oil. It’s contained in one form or another in seemingly every product around us. While it’s unlikely, or even necessary, to completely eradicate our appetite for oil, it’s important to be aware of its prolific use in our every day lives and look for ways to cut our consumption.
Twenty (possibly) surprising products containing petroleum:
- Disposable diapers
- Make up (lipstick, mascara, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow and liners, and so on and so on)
- Make up remover
- Synthetic fabrics
- Tampons and feminine napkins
- Shampoos and conditioners
- Dishwashing soap
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Chewing gum
- Anything and everything plastic
- Food additives
One not so surprising place you find oil:
1. All over the Gulf